Broken Pins

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Mon, 06 Jan 1997 12:53:08 -0500

<< A thin wall tuning tip is a good thing to carry for close pins.
 Jon Page >>

I always have the thin wall tip handy, as I quess we have more than our share
of sloppily made verticals in this area.  I seem to need it at least once a
week.  I also have as a backup, a hammer that I bought in Germany for DM 6
(was about $1.50 at the time - 1969) that has a #1 tip and works very well on
close pins

Richard Moody wrote:

>It was a factory error I deemed necessary to correct. I didn't consider
using  a thin wall for bending it back.  <

The purpose of the thin wall is not for bending it back, but for tuning
without forcing anything.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Greer, SC