Mysterious blocking notes

Aaron Bousel abousel@rocler.qc.ca
Sun, 05 Jan 1997 23:51:31 -0500

Ed Foote wrote-
>      One thing I now remember that may be causing this problem,  does the
>blocking occur at the point that the contact pad hits the damper lever?    I
>once had a small splinter on the underside of damper lever, and it was
>snagging instead of sliding. It made a distinct bump in the key travel.

Ed,
Could be.  I'll add it to my list of things to check.  Problem is, I've only
experienced this sensation once.  I wish I hadn't because then I could just
deal with my client's neuroses and stop worrying about the piano.  My
impresstion, that one time, was that the resistance was at the very
beginning of the key travel.

Regards,

Aaron Bousel
Ormstown, QC  Canada