1911 J&C Fischer upright action

Thu, 02 Jan 1997 11:29:13 -0800

Fred,

If this is a Wessel, Nickel & Gross action, don't be too quick to take out
all of the lost motion.

I seem to remember that one of the older books, maybe Brinsmead, had
something to say about these actions.

Also, you might want to contact Bill Garlick.

Good luck.

Best.

Horace

At 01:53 PM 12/29/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I am working on a Fischer upright mfgrd. in June 1911 (according to the
>case tags and factory signatures).  Everything seems the average quality
>for that time except that the action has lost motion compensation and
>sostenuto.  Was sostenuto the "fad" for uprights in 1911 or is this piano
>unusual?  Of course, both the sostenuto and lost motion compensator were
>a "mile" off regulation so I will have the joy of regulating them.
>Thanks for any information.  The serial number is 134305.
>
>Fred Scoles, RPT

Horace Greeley

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu