Needing help with Billings Flanges

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 14:02:32 -0500

To the list,

I'm rebuilding an upright action that uses Billings flanges.  I'm wondering
how to go about traveling the new butts.  (I've never replaced an entire set
of these)  The old ones don't appear to have any travel paper on them.  I had
expected the new ones (purchased from APSCO) to be a bit more precise.

Can the metal clips be twisted, or should I sort them by whether they travel
to the left or right?  I've got the action rails stripped down except for
guide hammers (and dampers) at the ends of each section.  I screwed the new
butts onto the rail, and they're all over the place.  I'd appreciate any help
available.  Thanks.

Gordon Large, RPT
Mt. Vernon, ME