Windows-based Tuning Program

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Wed, 01 Jan 1997 16:51:17 -0500

<< It's true that Wintel machines have a larger market share. If market share
 were everything there would be no market for BMW, Saab, Mercedes, etc. that
 have very low market share compared to Ford & Chevrolet.

Y'know, every time I write something about Mac vs. Win, I try to write as
balanced as possible, allowing for things that apple does best. Don't be so
defensive! I just think Dean might sell more copies of his program were it
available for Windows machines.

I notice that all the car brands you mention as having a smaller market share
are among the most expensive cars in the world. Hmmmmm. Haven't seen too many
tuners drive around in Benzes.

Dave Stocker, RPT
firtree@aol.com
Tumwater, WA

P.S. A few days ago I read a snippet from John Dvorak in PC Magazine, citing
a rumor that Apple is considering manufacturing *IBM* *Windows* *Compatible*
*Computers*. Not Win add-ons, software emulations, but a genuine Intel driven
beast. He thought they could give Compaq, etc., a good run for their money. I
still don't know what to make of that.