RAIL PIN REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Wed, 01 Jan 1997 09:44:31 -0500

<< I like the
 idea presented of using a drill press to insert he new pins but another way
 is to drill a hole in the center of a hardwood dowel equal to the height
that
 you wish the pins to stand. Using this dowel as a driving punch all the way
 to the rail will leave the pins standing the exact distance that the hole
was
 drilled. These two ideas would be a lot easier to demonstrate then to
 describe but I hope that you can visualize how I do this.

Norm

I wanted to do the job at the site.  Yourhardwood dowel idea sounds worth
trying.  and thanks to all for your help.  As usual there was much excellent
advice.

Dick Day
Marshall, MI