archive use/agraffe extraction

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 01 Jan 1997 08:38:22 -0800

Lance Lafargue wrote:

> How do you access the listserv archival index??

> Lance Lafargue,RPT

Lance, try the pianotech search engine,
http://www.webcom.com/wind/ptsearch.html
(drag your mouse over the above reference, do ctrl-c to copy, go to
Netscape, press Tab to get your cursor into the location box then ctrl-v
to paste the reference into the box, then press enter to start your
search.

When you get the archive search engine up, enter something like:
agraffes, broken, removal.  You should get a bunch of references on that
subject.  Once you get into the archive, do Edit/find or Ctrl-F to
search for the individual references because the search engine will drop
you at the beginning of the archive which usually is 40 messages long.
Then highlight the parts that interest you, copy and paste to Word and
print it to peruse at your leisure.  If you don't get what you need,
simplify the search criteria. Delete "removal" then "broken".  Also try
"broken agraffe" that way or plural.

Have a Happy New One everybody.  I just got back from from visiting Mom
in Florida, where I was sweating in short sleeves while New Orleans was
swimming in 5 inches of rain and having 70 car pile-ups in fog. You
northlanders were digging your way out of some serious snow (I think)!
Eat your hearts out, y'all!
--
Warren D. Fisher
fish@communique.net