Odd partial

Bonifield-Poulson bonifarm@netshel.net
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 11:42:50 -0500

David:  I don not have the answer for you, however, I have been
servicing a D with exactly the same problem of a false beat that did
not respond to any of the usual fixes ( seating and levelling  string,
mating to hammer, etc.).  I called Mike Mohr at Steinway and discussed
the problem.  In the end, the only remedy left untried was replacement
of the offending string, which I have not done yet.  I'm very curious
as to whether you'll find a solution that I was unable to discover.
Patrick Poulson, RPT