non-American participants

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 18:31:50 +0000

Hi Chris,

We pay 1.7p per minute during the day and 1p per minute at weekends for
a local call.  My provider charges me ten pounds per month for a full
internet connection a domain name pop three mail and up to four mail
boxes,  but as many prefixes before the @ sign as you can think of.

I have a lot to do with a local computer shop he is selling
approximately five modems a week that's just one retail outlet.  I read
somewhere that there are three thousand new subscribers to the internet
in the U.K. per month.  But you know what stats are.

The U.K. piano page gets about a hundred and seventy definite visitors
from the U.K. and the rest from all over the world.  Its the Compserve
ones and atol which are hard to work out which Country they originate
from as their main feed servers are in the U.S. some where so unless I
trace route everyone which to date there has just been over ten thousand
visitors in just over six months.

If you look at the consumer statistics the number one desirable product
in the U.K. was a dish washer, but now apparently that has been taken
over by a computer with a modem.  Sadly I think the piano has slipped
out the top ten but I think in Germany its still in the top five.

Quite useful these statistics but not aways accurate.

Take care,
Barrie.

In article <199610290540.WAA45820@huey.cadvision.com>, CHRIS GREGG
<cgregg@cadvision.com> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |