European tuning preferences

Arnold Duin aduin@euronet.nl
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:02:57 +0000

 Bill Maxim  wrote
>What presence does Europiano have in the Netherlands?  Or is it
>only in Germany?  The president of Europiano was at the Piano
>Technicians Guild Convention in Albuquerque in 1995.
Bill,
Europiano is union of European Piano Maker Associations. At this time I
beleive there are 9 or 10 countries in Europe associated with this union
so it isn't only in Germany. The organisation  also became a member of
the the International Association of Piano Builders and Technicians
(IAPBT) which held their general meeting at the same time the convention
took place.

 Some colleagues in the Netherlands are private members of europiano. To
join as a country you have to have an organisation which is
representative for the trade. Now we are starting up a new association
and one of our goals is to join the Europiano (probably  jan. 1997)
I hope I didn't bore you to much with this but I just thought to let you
know.

greetings Arnold Duin