non-American participants

Simon Husbands Simon@husbands.demon.co.uk
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:52:16 +0000 (GMT)

Larry Fisher summed up the English perfectly in his colo(u)rful description of
our heritage! It is sad to think our piano trade is as fusty as some of the
buildings we have over here! And I say I agree completely that it would be
wonderful to have more input from English and other European tuners ( we don't
really consider ourselves to be Europeans in the UK! ) and I am sure those
already on the list will do their best to share and inform.

However, I think there is still a feeling over here that the internet is for
nerds, and whilst the situation IS changing, not many people over here have the
internet. It is considered a luxury and us UK citizens tend not to have as much
available income for these luxuries. So, I'm not really surprised to see there
are only 8 UK techs on the list. I think over the coming years there WILL be a
lot more of an English presence, but I think we have to catch up with the US in
terms of accepting the Internet and using it to it's full. In the meantime,
those with access to it try to convince those without to get on-line. Our
numbers are growing, slowly at present, but we'll get there. I hope!

God save the Queen ( although I'm not sure about Fergie ).

Simon

__

      Your friend and mine, SIMON HUSBANDS    simon@husbands.demon.co.uk
   And for a bit of stuff and nonsense        http://www.husbands.demon.co.uk