tuners who play

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 20:42:09 -0400

My dad plays very well, and often "entertained" the customer with some jazz,
or whatever he was in the mood for. One time when he got done with a tuning,
he played for about 5 minutes, and then handed the customer a bill for $40,
and said, "that will be $10 for the tuning and $30 for the concert". Six
months later, when he called to schedule the next tuning, the customer was
very reluctant to set up a time. When he asked if she was unhappy with the
tuning, she said: "no, the tuning was fine, and I didn't mind paying for it,
I just didn't like having to pay for the concert".

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis