Japanese Steinway Prices

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:04:49 +0000

Greetings List,

	I've been communicating with a fellow in Japan and he sent me some
prices for Steinways.

  You have been giving me valuable information on piano, but I have
  not been
able to give you any valuable information for you. A few days ago, my
daughter received an advertizement for used Steinway&Sons from a piano
shop affiliated to a local college of music. I hope it is interesting
for you to know how much do they cost in Japan. Some of them are;

  Model  Size   Serial  Finish    Keys   Reconditionings included     Price(JPY)
  O      180cm  223845  B,mirror  ivory   FP, new  H/S, D and W       3,700.000.
 M      170cm  206658  B,mirror  ivory   FP, new  H/S, D andW        3,700.000.
 M      170cm  231747  M,mirror  ivory  FP, new H/S, D and W        3,800.000.
 B       211cm  427693  B,matte acryc      FP, new H/S, D and W       5,600.000.
 S        155cm  408433  B,mirror acryc      (as it is)           		   4,200.000.

  abbreviations:
    B = black
    new = replaced with new
    M = Mahogany