HUGE pitch raise

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 12:01:59 -0400

Hine Pitch Raise.

Before you do the pitch raise in one operation, (which is possible), be sure
you inform the client of all the things that can go wrong. The soundboard
might crack. The bass bridge might get worse. The treble bridge might crack
in places. Strings might break. The piano might not stay in tune very long,
and you  might have to come back in 2 weeks to tune it again.

You notice I said "might". None of those things might happen, but then all of
them could. I think that if you tell the customers of these potential
problems, and that you will not be liable for them, and that they will have
to pay extra for that, let them make the decision as to whether or not you do
the pitch raise.

Good luck, and let us know how it came out.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis