Covert Briefs [was Re: Benjamin Truehaft]

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:38:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996 JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

>  It is my contention that such articles as Ron Torella posted to the list
> (Covert Briefs) have no place on Pianotech.
         [blah blah blah]
> Just my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion, Jim.  Sorry you didn't approve.  There's a button
on your keyboard for posts such as the one I posted -- the letter D, for
Delete.  Having already received that particular article several weeks ago
(and getting a good belly laugh out of it -- something the doctor says is
good medicine), I thought it would be appropriate to share with a group of
piano technicians and other members of that ilk.

The drivel that one often reads on this list -- which is more often the
case than not -- has caused me to seek treatment for RSI in my left, third
finger.  No, not because I tend to salute the screen with that finger many
times when I download 20 or 30 messages, most of them filled with *truly*
mindless repetition (no slam intended, just a matter of fact that some
folks still don't understand that we don't need the entire friggin' post
they're quoting to be reposted), but because I have to hit that darned D
key so many times.

I'll bet you'd really be P.O.ed if I posted the entire proposal our
colleague, Stephen Birkett, has asked me to make available to the online
piano technician community ...  :-)

OK, fingers poised over the D key?

Have a nice day.

Ron Torrella, RPT

P.S. The views expressed in Covert Briefs are those of the individual
author's and do not necessarily reflect those of the poster, members of
the Piano Technicians Guild, Inc., the University of Michigan, subscribers
to PIANOTECH, Brigham Young University, citizens of the U.S.A, the
Republican Party, the Democratic Party, Ross Perot and His Ilk or anyone
on the Internet.  Any concurrence is purely coincidental.