Punching tool "Punching tool" (Oct 11, 10:47pm)

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 12:06:10 -0400

Hi, Larry,
	I have been using a similar tools for some while now pricipally to
prevent rotatingh punchings while lifting them up.
	My tools is made from an old upright let-off rail retaining fork,
slightly filed and bent as you desicrbe.  This allows me to lift even stubborn
punchings like Steinways that are glued to the felt strip and the type you
desicrbed with a rubber baching (why so I wonder).
	To complete this operation I have a piece of 1/2" round brass with a
hole drilled down the center to accomodate balance rail pins.  I use this to
tamp down a just lifted punching and take any risidual bunching from handling
the punchings.  It is also a great tool for tamping down new punchings for
stable leverling and also for bending balance rail pinc to take the tailt out
of keys.
	You are a good man, Larry, and thanks for sharing your new toy with us.
		Newton
		nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu