Name This Instrument

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 23:06:41 -0600

One of my customers has an unusual instrument. I promised him I would =
use this media to at least find out it's proper name.=20

It looks just like an old upright piano but it is an organ. The name on =
the fallboard is Sears & Roebuck. The cabinet is mahogany with some =
flower type designs in the music board. It has 88 keys. The left right =
pedals are actually treadles and the middle pedal is a coupler. There =
are three stops which pull out like an old reed organ. There are =
probably three or four sets of reeds. It still plays quite well.=20

This is about the third one of these I've found down through the years. =
I've seen a couple also that looked like an small old square grand. I =
thought there was a name like "manualo" or something similar for these =
instruments.=20

Naturally this owner is curious if there is antique value. He would like =
any information that might be out there in musicland.

Help us out on the name if possible please.

Sy Zabrocki