string tying

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 12:40:45 -0500

Lenny,

   The best source I've ever seen in one place is the PTG Technical Exam
Source Book. There are 20-1/2 pages on this subject by Fern Henry, Bill
Spurlock, Yat-Lam Hong, Harold Staaf & Don Galt with plenty of pictures
demonstrating the different knots and writing explaining it. I believe the
entire book is made up of articles previously published in Journals.
   This is what I studied when I had to re-test to get back into PTG a few
years ago.

Avery

>The late Danny Boone put out a journal a few years ago that compiled
>five years of PTG journal knowledge.  I had one these books, but have
>lost or misplaced mine. What I'm looking for is anything written on
>knots or string tying to add to what I already know to further help me
>teach a course on the subject.  Thanks in advance for any help that any
>one can share with me.
>
>Sincerely,
>Lenny Childs, RP
>Childs Piano Service