Fallboard on Baldwin grand

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 06 Oct 1996 21:03:23 -0500 (CDT)

>List members:  I have a niggling little problem on a Baldwin Classic
>grand that the customer really wants fixed, and I'm not quite sure how
>to proceed.  When I first came to service the piano, I needed to
>remove the fallboard to pull the action.  The fallboard was very tight
>on its pins, and so I backed the pins in a bit to alleviate the
>problem.  However, when I put the fallboard back on, it was now
>slightly cockeyed and doesn't some down evenly...
>Patrick Poulson, RPT

Dear Patrick, List,

Here is where something needs to be determined...when the "fallboard was
very tight", and before you "backed the pins in a bit", did the fallboard
fit okay, even though tight?  If it did, then it would seem you need to
return the fallboard to its original tightness and find another way to free
it up without causing misalignment.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731