Cross-country piano move

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 05 Oct 1996 09:19:41 -0500 (CDT)

>...While it is true that some pianos seem little affected when moved, I
>know of two specific instances where I moved one console less than a foot
>and another console across the room after a tuning.  This distorted the
>tuning recognizably beyond belief...
>
>Keith A. McGavern, RPT
>kam544@ionet.net
>Oklahoma Chapter 731
>Oklahoma Baptist University
>Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

Dear List,

I got to thinking about that "console across the room."  I was incorrect to
state that.  It was a move I did from one town to another with smooth
roads, the distance about 25 miles.  I tuned the piano before leaving.
When I arrived and put the piano in its new place, the tuning was
atrocious, like some pianos I visit that haven't been touched for five
years.

Thank you,
Keith