Spoon ordering

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Fri, 04 Oct 1996 08:00:15 +0000

Bill  Maxim wrote:

>How does one get across to shipping personnel something as esoteric
(unintelligible to the uninitiated) as "whippens for the tenor
section?"  I recently ordered four replacement Wurlitzer spinet
whippens to keep along for the occasional repair need, "two bass
and two tenor."  I got four alike, all bass.

I kept all four but decided to try a different tack with my next
order, specifying "spoons to the right as you look from the flange
end."  Only the first four words got on the shipping form, so I got
three more bass whip - er, wippens (sorry, Jim Harvey!).

I don't like repacking and returning, and bending spoons around
even less.  How does one communicate?

Bill Maxim, RPT

Bill, I assume that you ordered your wips from Baldwin/Wurlitzer? All
their parts are part numbered, so you need to get a handy Parts
Catalogue from them and request the correct number... really hard for
them to screw up (unless they get the number wrong... stranger things
have happened). Phone 1-800-876-2976 ext. 8585, talk to Ginny Dome or
Betty Davison in Parts and request said Cataloge and price list. One
minor complication.... Baldwin/Wurlitzer doesn't stock old Wurlitzer
parts (pre-1989). The new Wurlitzers are essentially the old Baldwin
500-600 series pianos, so everything from the pedals to the jack
springs are interchangeable. Only difference is the case parts.

Hope this helps,
Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.
C.A.P.T. Student