Competition contemplation

James E DeRocher staffordmusic@juno.com
Tue, 01 Oct 1996 13:22:07 -0800 (PST)

Steve,

I don't know of any such compilation, but, I would suggest, if you want
the
job done right, do it yourself.  Any large city library will have phone
books from
major cities across the US.  Decide your methodology (what size cities
interest you) and start counting.  Morceau de gateau, the French would
say:
"A piece of cake."  If you select a wide enough sample you could graph
city size against tuner yellow page listings, maybe even by geographical
area.  Make a nice submission to the Journal.  Good Luck!

Jim