nylon pedal brackets

David Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 19:56:02 -0600 (CST)

There is a tab on the underside of the bracket close to the screw.  You
have to push this to get it off.  Hold a mirror under the overhang on the
mount and you'll see it easily.  A small screwdriver can be used to push
the locking tab after you have removed the screw.  The only good thing
about those tabs is that when you are replacing the top it holds it
together while you put the screw in.

If the pivot pin is corroded nothing will stop the squeek unless you
polish it.  After that I put on protak MPL-1 (the thick white stuff) and
it lasts a long time.  We have 50 Baldwin 243s that all have that kind of
mount.  Putting the piano on it's back and removing the bottom board
would be about 20 times more work that just removing the screw and
releasing the little tab.  Until you see it with a mirror it is kind of
hard to figure out.

Good luck

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT