scrolled music desks

Paul Stephens pauls@ieighty.net
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:08:52 -0800

Ron Torrella wrote:

> Another friend is seeking to either have the present music desk on his
> Steinway B scrolled (cut, that is) or replaced with a scrolled one.
> Anyone with a source on scrolled music desks and/or does anyone have a
> scrolled music desk lying around with no piano attached thereto?

Ron,
Last week I tuned a new S&S B with a scroll sawn music rack.  It was a
reproduction case style with gaudy round legs and all, but the veneer
was fabulous. The customer said they only made 75 pianos like it. Check
with Steinway to see if they have another music rack floating in the
factory or could make one for you. Hope this helps.

Paul Stephens, RPT