Treatment revisited

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 11:03:20 -0600

Hi All,

At 12:36 AM 11/24/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>From Sy Zabrocki--Billings, Montana
>
>Ken Hale replied to a message pertaining to Ice Cream Spill (Nov. 23). He
said the following:

>For you "newbies" to our trade, glycerine is the main ingredient of the
>infamous liquid tuning pin "tightener" still sold by some of the supply
>houses, which turns pin block wood into mush and causes terminal rust to
>any wire it touches.  Believe me, ignoring the problem is more
>responsible than using that stuff!
>
>With all due respect Ken, that statement is just upside down from what I
have experienced in 38 years. There has been continual negative remarks
about the pin block treatment for years. Some one has to brave enough (or
stupid enough) to act as advocate for this procedure.

(Snip)

>Sy Zabrocki RPT--Billings, Montana

This was covered by a question I placed some months ago--check the archives.
I took a "new" path and used "crazy glue" (thin by Zap). It worked. I have
seen the piano since and it is still tuneable (Kawai KG2C).

Regards Don Rose (drose@dlcwest.com)