Squeaky Knuckles

Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 21:13:50 -0400 (EDT)

When I was in school at the Piano Hospital in Vancouver, Wa, I was given
a piece of soapstone.  I have no idea where to obtain this stuff, but I
am not really worried, because it never seems to wear out, but I don't
know where to tell anybody else to get any.  But I have used it to
lubricate nuckles, along with other such surfaces, it has always worked,
and they have never begun to squeak again.  I saw a piano about a month
ago, on which I used it on the nuckles in 1990, and they are still not
squeaking.