Ivory keytops

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:28:52 +0000

Hi, Jeffrey

That's a very valid point,  regarding expansion and contraction of the
two oposing matterials, expecially as both matterials are poorous.  I
would definitely say of all the bad key repairs I've come across most of
them have been with animal glue .  I am personally still sceptical
regarding the failioure of CA glue I Have been using it for five years
like I pointed out I have only had failiures recently and have put this
down to change of brand (he says this hopefully also not wishing o get
inundated with phone calls from failed ivories)  I used to use pva glue
in the work shop.  I would dearly love to get hold of some glue wafers
alas the supply houses haven't stocked hem for donkeys  years in the UK.
I personally have never used glue wafers have only been told of there
benefits and realised this is the proper way to do the job over the
years of trying to make the join between the tail and the top disappear.

 wes probably a reason for the wafer,

> Richard Wagner's Acryli-Key Repair
This is on the go I have made contact and Richard is sorting out the
problems that will arise from shipping chemicals overseas.  I took a key
to my dentist once and we successfully filled a chip in the ivory
however, it was damed expensive and we coudn't quite get the colour to
match so I fave it up as a bad idea purely on the grounds of cost, but
it looks like Richard has pervevered and found a viable alternative.

Take care,

Regards,

Barrie.

In article <961122032047_739101274@emout10.mail.aol.com>,
TunerJeff@aol.com writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |