Ice Cream Spill

Richard m remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 13:04:24 -0600

----------
> From: Bill Maxim <wmaxim@gnn.com>
> To: kenhale@dcalcoda.com; pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Ice Cream Spill
> Date: Thursday, November 21, 1996 5:04 PM
>

> >I opened the lid and started strip muting, looked down the plate
> >(around where C5 is tied) and saw a spilled small cup of ice cream,
> >with the fork laying in the spill.
> >
> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I service pianos for two teachers who had this experience:  A child
> comes ill to the music lesson and proceeds to empty stomach contents
> into the keyboard.  snip

>it took me two weeks to be able to get to the distant town
> after receiving the SOS, to find a mess of black, hairy mold on the
> keys
>

> Bill Maxim, RPT, Piano Technicians Guild    wmaxim@gnn.com
> Serving South Carolina from Columbia and Greer

At least you can get a maid to clean most of it off.  Hope you didn't have
to steam any spoiled key bushings.   YEeeech  think of the odor.

But how about cleaning up cat barf from the strings and soundboard on a
grand piano?   The lady was lucky that it wasn't thru the bass and tenor
strings or into the action, according to the technician who told the
story.  He removed the strings, a maid was standing by to remove the
offending mess.  "Made me wish I had an apprentice," he said.

Richard Moody