night tuning - response

Craig Waldrop c.waldrop@tcu.edu
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:13:06 -0600

Re: David Skolnik <dskolnik@earthlink.net> 11/07/96 04:07pm >>>
        I would like to know how many of the full time institutional
technicians depend on nighttime access to pianos (either for yourselves
or
your staff)  in order to accomplish the required maintenance.   If so,
please give some details.  Thanks
David Skolnik
Manhattan School Of Music

David and list:

I do often work at night, however this is strictly by choice.  Usually I
have spent regular hours doing outside work.  I do not depend on nighttime
access to rooms to get the pianos serviced.  At the outset of my position
at this university, my decision was to insist on time allowance for piano
maintenence.  If it is important enough to hire a full-time technician,
then it is likewise important enough to devote reasonable access to the
facilities.  I hope that you are not being asked to work only at night!!
Good luck and best wishes,

Craig Waldrop, R.P.T.
Department of Music
Texas Christian University