Ivory keytops

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 19:36:30 +0000

Hi Frank,

I read, I heard, or I was told I can't remember which, that due to the
properties of CA glue that if you use this product on a poorous surface
the glue will eventually fail.  This is due, so I was told that the glue
continues to evaporate through the poorous part of the joint and
eventually fails.  This can be as long as two years .

Personally I use CA for ivories I find its translucent high viscoarse
properties excellent for replacing ivories especially on site.  However,
I must admit recently,  I have had one or two fail on me.   This I put
down to a change of brand rather than the above.  Which personally, I
think is bull sh 1 t,  but one never knows.

Regards,

Barrie.

In article <199611211318.IAA26566@mtolympus.ari.net>, waco@ari.net
writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |