Ivory keytops

waco@ari.net waco@ari.net
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 08:18:15 -0500

William Bailer writes:

>On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Jon Page wrote:

>>>Frank Weston Writes:
>>>Thin CA will give you about ten seconds of working time.
>>>Ivory dust, seems to kick it off so watch out.
>>
>>I'll ,say!  I was experimenting with thick CA and ivory dust.
>>I mixed a little on a piece of glass, poof!
>>When I scraped it off, it took out a chunck of glass with it.
>>
>>Jon Page

>I am from Mars.  I don't have the slightest idea of what you guys are
>talking about.

>And I would never think of gluing an ivory with only 10 seconds working
>time, not even here on Earth!

>Poof!

CA is cyanoacrilic glue, you know, super glue.  If you want more working time,
use the thick stuff, and you'll get about a minute.  I find that if I use the
thick, I end up standing around 55 seconds while it kicks.  The thin works fine
for me, but then again, I've had a lot of practice with it in other areas of
endeavor.

Frank Weston