Damper flanges

Paul Fernandez paulfer@dircon.co.uk
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:06:54 +0000

Hi fellow list members,

I have a problem with an upright piano. The damper flanges have centre
pins holding the springs in place were there should be damper cord. There
is no bushing cloth in the flange so the pin is firmly gripped by the
flange wood. The centre pins are probably a bit rusty and the pins are
almost impossible to get out. The piano is pretty old and the springs now
need replacing. These centre pins are seized solid! I got one out using
brute force on my de-centering tool but I think there must be a better
way?

Also does anyone have the homepage URL of a US piano parts supplier?

Best Wishes
Paul
London, England.