dampp-chaser pads

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:32:40 -0500

If you use distilled water, which is fine, be sure to include a pinch of salt
or a cup of tap water so that the low water sensor electrodes work correctly.
You'll know immediately if they're not working because the tank will be full
(you just filled it with distilled water) and the low-water warning light will
still be blinking!

And remember these tips for grand installations:

1. Keep humidistat 15-18 inches from the nearest dehumidifier rod.

2. Start with humidistat 4-5 inches from the humidifier.

3. Use highest wattage rods available.

I learned these important tips from Bob Mair.  Happy dampp chasing!

John Piesik

Welcome to the list Paul; This is my first time responding to a question, so
let's see if I can do this reply thing right.
 Today I got a flyer from dampp-chaser mentioning a solution they just
started selling which treats the humidifier water. It's a bacteriostatic,
which (they claim) will lengthen the life of the pads. If you're using
high-mineral water, changing to distilled water should help too.
                                                 Wilkinson Piano Service
                                                  Portland, Oregon