Removing keytops

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:19:24 -0500

>Has anyone got any tips on removing plastic keytops from a 3yr old piano?
>I have never had to remove new plastic ones before!

I use an old iron. Heat the iron and place it on the keys on a wet cloth.
This loosens the glue, and with an old dull chissel, scrape off the keytops.
Be sure to keep the grain of the wood in mind when taking of fhe keytop,
because sometimes if the glue is not loosened enough, and you might take off
some of the wood.

Willem Blees