Ethics on a "Wim"

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 23:42:44 +0000

> Date:          Sun, 17 Nov 1996 07:24:05 -0500
> From:          A440A@aol.com
> Subject:       Ethics on a "Wim"
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

> Del Gittinger writes;
>
> >  I can't justify charging different fees to separate
> >customers for different work.
>
> and also;
>
> >I'd feel ripped off if  I was charged $100 for something my brother got for
> >$75.00  and if I got the low price I'd question the integrity of the
> >technician and/or their skill and/or the quality of the service that I
> >received.

Ed,

I tell my new customers the very same thing.  I don't know if I will
have to pitch raise etc. so I give them a range...normal to
worse case scenerio.  My fees are based are around the first
hour and each hour following.  The first hour is more expensive
to include travel time.  I have no problems except for the
shoppers and I don't certainly don't run my business around
them.  I have always felt that any business has customers
looking for the low end and customers looking for the high end.
I don't worry about the low end...

ilvey, RPT