Hale Site-O-Tuner

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:36:58 -0700 (mst)

Dear Michel:

I was triggered by the terms you used: "canned" or "compressed".  At
the Tuneoff in Chicago there was certainly no consensus as to a difference
between the two tunings - Mine being almost exclusively electronically
tuned and Virgil's being completely aurally tuned.  With your skill as an
aural tuner, I wouln't worry about your tunings sounding "canned". You won't
let that happen.  You will keep you ears turned on at all times, and
you will find after awhile that tuning is much easier than before.

I can't vouch for this particular instrument, however.  If you want
the best in stability, customizeability, and simplicity, the SAT is
the way to go.  If you want all the latest bells and whistles, the RCT is
a very good machine and program.  At the Tuneoff, I matched Virgil's style
of aural tuning very closely.  Even though my tunings received slightly
more votes, it was very difficult to tell any difference.  A lot of guesses
or abstentions were made in the voting.

Jim Coleman, Sr.