Dead Treble

Ray Hopland hoplandr@cadvision.com
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 19:01:21 -0700

Sindri;

        I would check the downbearing in the affected areas and compare them
with the crown of the board.  If there is too much downbearing,  too much
pressure is being applied to the board restricting the movement of the
board.  If there is too little downbearing, the energy of the string cannot
be properly  activated by the board.  However, I have found that if the
sound of note being played decays rapidly, there is usually too much
downbearing causing too much pressure on the board restricting the movement
of the board to amplify the the movement of the string.

        Getting back to the first sentance, the downbearing should be less
than the crown of the board.

Hope this helps,
Ray Hopland