Dead sounding Bechstein

notan notan@itn.is
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 00:50:28 +0000

Dear list

A customer has a 3 year old C.Bechstein Mod.C-32 232cm. It is a beutiful
instrument it plays great and has a beutiful tone except there is about an
octave or so in the treble about from note 55 which sounds dead. By that I
mean that the tone of these notes does not suststain as long as we would
like and the change in sustain is very clear , one note it is is fine and
the next it is gone.I would very much like some advice as to how to get
more "singing " caracter out of this section .

Hope to hear from you !

Sindri Heimisson

Pianotechnician
Reykjavik