Nightmare tuning

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 10:56:26 -0500

Greetings all;

Avery asks about my nightmare tuning Friday.

>>Just out of curiosity,
how did everything go?

      OK,  there was four or five unisons that had awakened,  and a fifth or
so above the bass break had begun to drop, and um lessee......, oh yea, the
top two octaves had progressively drooped so that C88 was about 5 cents
flatter than I had left it.  otherwise it was just perfect (:)}}

     I did the Coleman chant of "unisons, unisons", then straightened up the
bass break, but had to leave the the top end alone, other than two unisons
that had not made the trip downward together .
     Nobody in the hall noticed, got my compliments from the performer, Dean,
etc.  hell, I didn't even notice the top end flat, and I was listening for
it.
     That music sure gets in the way of really being able to hear a

Regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works
Nashville, Tn.