Knuckle removal > Installation <

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Sat, 09 Nov 1996 18:39:21 -0800

Jon is correct in his technique for identifying buckskin nap.  Avery is
correct in the direction.  According to the Renner Company who knows a
little about putting piano actions together, the jack should be moving
"against the grain" as you push the key down (the direction Jon
describes as _towards_ the flange).  The jack should then have as smooth
a path as possible getting back under the knuckle.

Joel Rappaport

PS:   Avery, you put the quote at the top of your post, you traitor!