Night Tuning

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 15:37:36 -0600

Ed,

   I had that same situation when I first came here: tune the recital hall
piano(s) early, then have them beat to death all day and then a recital at
night. It really lets you know quickly how solid your tunings are. But the
next semester (I came in the middle of one) I got the hall reserved for
tuning at 5:30 PM for 7:30 recitals. It makes for much more peasant
listening at the recitals. :-)

>Most performance work is done very early, as the hall is usually
>booked solid during the day,  often up to performance time.  Tuning in this
>season is a white-knuckle chore at times.
>
>Regards,
>Ed Foote

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music