Night Tuning

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 20:24:13 -0500

David asks:

>I would like to know how many of the full time institutional
>technicians depend on nighttime access to pianos (either for yourselves or
>your staff)  in order to accomplish the required maintenance.   If so,
>please give some details.

       Perhaps it would be the same to ask how many of us are able to get all
the work done during school hours... While not working at night,  I often go
to the school at 4:00 a.m. and get four hours in before classes or teaching
start.  Most performance work is done very early, as the hall is usually
booked solid during the day,  often up to performance time.  Tuning in this
season is a white-knuckle chore at times.

Regards,
Ed Foote