Moldy hide glue

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 11:40:50 -0500

About the time of the last discussion about hide glue, I started throwing my
pot into a chest freezer between uses. I have noticed much less odor from the
glue, or change in color from when it was new. It seems to be working well as
far as gluing things. I haven't bothered to put a lid on it, and the
temerature is about five degrees fahrenheit.

Dave Stocker, RPT
firtree@aol.com
Tumwater, WA

<< I wonder how storing the glue in a closed container in the 'fridge would
 effect the glue?  Any clues?

 			     Ron Torrella, RPT
 			Assistant Piano Technician
 			  University of Michigan