Tuning exam unisons, was: Odd partial

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 08:44:24 -0500

Dr. Jim C.;
"The concern about machine unisons being inferior to aural unisons is just
not borne out in my experience."
  The concern that I was expressing was that a good, solid, aural unision
might be scored low because the machine said it was not solid. Your
explanation has resolved that concern.
  As a, to paraphrase R. Carr,  recovering aural tuner I am delving into Dr.
Al's blue box and am finding it fascinating. It is disturbing how many times
I am losing arguments with it. The darned just sits there stoically and
stares at me with those damnable red eyes and says nothing, but I know that
somewhere inside it is laughing at me. At those times I need to remind myself
that just because I am paranoid  it doesn't mean that the blue box demons are
not out to get me.
Jim Bryant (FL)