Key lead oxidation

Bill Maxim wmaxim@gnn.com
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 07:23:00 +0000

List -

Is there any practical way to slow the oxidation process once key leads
have begun to swell, short of replacing the leads?

I have the action from a Wurlitzer grand, where the leads have swollen
to the point of freezing the keyboard.  Once I have sanded them back
flush with the key sides, does anyone have a treatment to recommend
that will make the sizing more permanent?
Bill Maxim, RPT, Piano Technicians Guild    wmaxim@gnn.com
Serving South Carolina from Columbia and Greer

"It is better to keep the mouth shut and seem a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"  Chinese Proverb