copper wire specs

Benjamin Treuhaft blt@igc.apc.org
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 13:32:16 -0800 (PST)

 It is against U.S. law to invest in Cuba, because we must crush
them.  So I am going to try to start up a bass-string factory there for
the Latin-American market.
     Cuba produces copper, and  electric wire.  I am told by a U.S.
manufacturer that 45 copper wire sizes are needed to produce sets of
bass strings, and that it costs a few dollars a lb.  for the wire,
bought from such as Camden Wire Works in Arkansas.   I am dying to know
if Cuba could produce piano-quality copper wire at its wire plant
outside Havana.  Anyone know the specs for such wire, so I could ask
the Cubans in a specific way if they could make the stuff?
Benjamin Treuhaft
Send a Piana to Havana
Berkeley, Calif.