The Young Chang Blues

Thomas C. Cobble cobble@urvax.urich.edu
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:05:02 -0500 (EST)

 Friends, I have a technical problem that I am trhowing out to the Universe
in hope of getting some sort of reply..

I have a customer who is a valued friend and Music teacher. She has a 17
year old YC grand abour 5'3". I regulated it about four years ago and saw
some major improvement it the touch..... But now htere are a series of
problems that are driving me NNNNNN UUUUU TTTTT SSSSS    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Essentially the problems come in two catagories

#1 YC  action centers with little or no movement.  the friction is
unbelieveable!  I Know that Repinning and reaming is the solution and I have
all the neat reamers for that purpose. I also have the training..  My
question is :

Will Protec work,,, ??  or will I have to repin???. Or should I replace the
darn action parts  ?????

#2. This is where it gets tricky...  The escapement feels like  yor're
falling off a short but very steep and sharp cliff.. Now that makes a lot of
sense dosen't it??  You get a lot of resistance and then  BAM! or maybe its
a "thud" ... All measurements are ok and I mean all... I think it has
something to do with how sharp the edges are on the top of the jack and hor
hard and just plain funky the Knuckels are.  It's just plain aawful to play
and I really need some help..... Thanks folks

Tom Cobble RPT
Midlothian, Va.