Bandsaws vs. Pinblocks

EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 22:19:56 -0500 (EST)

Dear ?
      You are right that it is nice to have the table level and the saw blade
at the angle so as to keep the work from sliding around on the table and wanting
to fall to the floor.  However, there is another easy way to get a level table
if the saw you would prefver doesn't have a stationary table.  Tilt the table
to the reaured angle, usually not very much anyway, and then put shims under
the feet of the saw to raise up the low side of the table until it is now level.
      This is what I have to do with my ShopSmith and it is really quite
easy and effective.  I do the same thing when drilling a pinblock - tilt the
table and then block up the legs to make the table level.

      I wouldn't buy any tool that you don't like just for a feature which youcan easily
duplicate in a different way.  You will just always wish you had
spent the extra money to get the tool you wanted.  And eventually you probably
will spend the extgra money and get the tool later.  Only you will wish you had
done it years ago!  Good luck
Ed Hilbert RPT