Followup to foredom mini-sander problem.

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 21:57:08 -0500 (EST)

I'll follow myself up on this one.  I spoke with Ruth McCall last week and
found out that because the tool isn't built to last forever (gasp!), it
requires parts replacement after considerable use.  Specifically, there
are *four* bearings (two for each pulley) that can wear out in addition
to the drive pulley which is under tension all of the time.  Ruth sells
the parts ($6.50 per bearing and $26.50 for the drive pulley).  I figured
there must be some explanation for wasting so many belts prematurely --
especially lately.  There was enough play in the drive pulley end that it
was causing the belt to ride up and off, fraying the edges as it slowly
worked its way off.  I'm hoping the probelm will be solved with the
replacement parts.

Ron Torrella
Assistant Piano Technician
School of Music