Pitch Raising (was Otto Higel)

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 09:46:50 -0500

Dean and all,
I've been using this method of begin at the bass and tune unisons as you go,
which I learned from Al Sanderson, since 87. Tho it took me a while to adapt
to the procedure, the results are well worth the effort. It is indeed rare
that a string will break using this method no matter how great or small the
pitch raise is (empirical, subjective data only). Further, the tuning itself
is much more stable. This is one of those instances where "cause Dr.
Sanderson said to do it that way" works for me. My advice is if you have an
Accutuner, give it a try. If you don't have one, use the method that works
best for you and your customer.
Gina Carter